Sunday, December 09, 2007

Fall from Grace

Last Thursday night I went out to a cocktail party in a downtown restaurant. While the evening included a beautiful spread of hors d'oeuvres, I got caught up in mingling and ended up drinking three glasses of Zinfandel with little or no food.

By the time I got home, I was definitely tipsy. I felt like a college girl after a late night bender. So, I acted like one. I ordered a medium thin crust pizza with sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms.

While waiting for the delivery, I had a rush of amorous energy. With clothes flying in all directions and all my best intentions...it just didn't work. In the meantime, the pizza driver got into the building without using a buzzer. I didn't hear him knocking on the door. Hoorah for the cell phone, or I might have starved. We had to scramble to get enough clothes onto one of us to be able to pay for the pizza.

The evening ended with bed spins, half a box of pizza on the floor of the bedroom and a steady pattern of two Tums alternated with large gulps of water.

Adding to the madness was the fact that the water in my building had been shut off earlier in the day and the tap water was brackish. My forgiving boyfriend was kind enough to empty an ice tray and use the microwave to keep up with my re hydration project.

So THIS is the "Glass City Gourmet"? I may never live this down. Please leave a comment if you attended the event on Thursday evening and want an apology. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, no questions asked.

“Glass City Gourmet” is a chronicle of one woman's attempt to cook, eat, diet and entertain with both flair and whimsy while based in Toledo, Ohio. I encourage you to read on as the "Glass City Gourmet" attempts grand recipes, samples locally owned restaurants, visits indigenous markets and humbly pursues her quest to be formally recognized as the official "Glass City Gourmet".



Technorati blog directory

No comments:

Post a Comment